651 Visa Australia
eVisitor Visa 651 Australia
Stay: Up to 3 months at a time
The visa starts on the day it is granted. We process 90% of applications in 85 days
With this visa you can
- visit family or friends
- cruise or have a holiday
- undertake business visitor activities
- study or train for up to 3 months, in some circumstances
- apply from outside Australia
- hold a passport from a particular country
With this visa you can
Travel to Australia:
- as a tourist – for example, to cruise or have a holiday
- to visit family or friends
- as a business visitor
You can study or train for up to 3 months in total on this visa. But if your main reason for travelling to Australia is study, a student visa might be more appropriate.
Note: Applicants who are seeking to train at a childcare centre, study to be a doctor, dentist, nurse or paramedic or enter health care or hospital environments should apply for the Visitor (subclass 600) visa and complete the relevant health checks.
You will need a visa if you enter Australia during a cruise.
If your cruise is a round trip cruise, the time you spend on the cruise counts as time spent in Australia – that is, we do not consider you have left Australia. A round trip cruise will not reset your stay period on your visa.
Ask your cruise operator or travel agent if we consider your cruise to be a round trip cruise.
As a business visitor, you can:
- make general business or employment enquiries
- investigate, negotiate, enter into or review a business contract
- conduct activities as part of an official government visit
- take part in a conference, trade fair or seminar. The organisers can’t pay you to take part
- work for or provide services to a business or organisation based in Australia
- sell goods or services directly to the public
If you want to do short-term work in Australia that isn’t a business visitor activity, consider applying for a temporary work visa.
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa. We grant it for 12 months. You can enter Australia any time your eVisitor is valid and stay for up to 3 months at a time.
The eVisitor is granted with multiple entry. You can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want while it is valid.
The eVisitor starts on the date it is granted.
You can’t stay in Australia longer by extending this visa. You must apply for another visa.
If you want to have a further short stay or stay longer for a holiday you might be eligible for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream (apply in Australia).
If you want to stay longer for other reasons, you should be able to apply for a new visa that suits your circumstances.
You can’t include family members in your application. A separate application must be made for each member of your family, including those listed on your passport.
You must be outside Australia when you apply.
Do not arrange to travel to Australia until we let you know, in writing, that we have granted you the subclass 651 visa.
You must be outside Australia when we decide on your application.
We process 90% of applications in 85 days
Your application might take longer to process if:
- you don’t fill it in correctly
- you don’t include all the documents we need or we need more information from you
- it takes us time to verify your information
You must meet all visa conditions and obey Australian laws.
We recommend you take out health insurance to cover any unforeseen medical treatment you might need in Australia. You are personally liable for all your healthcare costs while you are in Australia. Insurance can help limit your financial liability.
Reciprocal healthcare agreements
Some countries have a reciprocal healthcare agreement with Australia.
You can travel outside Australia and return as many times as you want while the eVisitor is valid.
We will digitally link your visa to your passport. You will not get a label in your passport.
Have an eligible passport
You must be a citizen of and hold a valid passport from one of these countries to be eligible for the eVisitor:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- Republic of San Marino
- Slovak Republic
- United Kingdom – British Citizen
- Vatican City
You cannot apply with:
- a non-citizen passport, certificate of identity or other travel document
- a British National Overseas, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British Protected Person or British Subject passport
Meet our health requirement
You must meet our health requirement.
Meet our character requirement
You must meet our character requirement.
If you have a criminal conviction in any country, apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) instead. If you arrive in Australia on an eVisitor with a criminal conviction, you might be refused entry.
Pay your debts to the Australian Government
If you or any family members (including those who don’t apply for the visa with you) owe the Australian Government money, you or they must have paid it back or arranged to pay it back.
Be a genuine visitor
You must only intend to:
- stay temporarily in Australia
- obey any condition and stay period attached to your visa
Have enough money
You must have enough money to:
- support yourself while you are in Australia
- leave Australia at the end of your stay
Best interests of the child
We might not grant this visa if it is not in the best interests of an applicant under 18.
Read And Associates offer Professional Guidance
Here at Read and Associates our team of migration agents can provide you with the appropriate guidance and advice which will help you put forth the best visa application possible. Specialising in applications for medical professionals, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss how we can work with you. Book a consultation to find out more.