Remaining Relative Visa 115
115 Visa Australia
Remaining Relative Visa 115 Australia
With this visa you can
- stay in Australia as a Permanent resident
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare
With this visa you can
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare.
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- if eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
Newly arrived residents may have to wait before they can access certain Australian Government payments and benefits.
Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want for 5 years from the date we grant this visa until the travel validity expires.
If you want to travel after the initial 5-year travel validity:
- you will need to apply for and be granted a Resident Return (RRV) so that you can re-enter Australia as a permanent resident
- you might also want to consider Australian citizenship. If you become an Australian citizen, you don’t require a visa to enter Australia. You will need to apply for an Australian passport and use it to leave and re-enter Australia. See more about eligibility requirements and current processing times for Australian citizenship
To see when your travel validity ends, use VEVO.
How long you can stay
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely.
For citizenship purposes, you become a permanent resident at the time:
- you enter Australia on this visa; or
- if you previously have been present in Australia and held a permanent visa immediately before last leaving Australia, when we grant this visa
You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply. You an also add them to your application at any time before we make a decision.
You should include details of all your family members, whether they are migrating or not, in the application form.
Family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health and character requirements.
Family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health and character requirements.
You must be outside Australia when you apply and when we decide your application.
We don’t provide processing times for this visa. Applications for this visa are subject to capping and queueing.
Your application might take longer to process if:
- you do not fill it in correctly
- you do not include all the documents we need or we need more information from you
- it takes us time to verify your information
We can’t process your application if you don’t pay the correct visa application charge. We will notify you if this is the case and if necessary return your application.
Family migration visas are in high demand. It might take many years for this visa to be granted.
We assess applications for this visa in 2 stages.
- Check eligibility and either add the application to the queue or refuse it.
- Continue assessing the application when a place becomes available and make a decision.
Don’t arrange to move to Australia until we grant the visa. We will let you know in writing if we grant you the visa.
You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.
We will digitally link your visa to your passport. You will not get a label in your passport.
Have a sponsor
You must be sponsored by an eligible parent or step-parent, sibling or step-sibling, or an eligible partner of your relative.
We must approve the sponsorship.
Not have other near relatives
Have assurance of support
You must be able to obtain an assurance of support.
An assurance of support assures us that you will not have to rely on government assistance after you enter Australia on this visa. The assurance is for you and any family members who come to Australia with you on this visa.
We will let you know when you need to provide the assurance of support.
Meet the health requirement
You and any family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health requirement.
We might also ask that other family members also meet the requirement.
Meet the character requirement
You and family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our character requirement.
We might ask that other non-migrating family members meet the requirement.
Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government
If you or any family members owe the Australian Government money, you or they must have paid it back or have an approved arrangement to pay it back.
Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
You might not be eligible for this visa if you have had a visa cancelled or refused while you were in Australia.
Sign the Australian values statement
If you are 18 years of age or older, you must:
- have read, or had explained to you, the Life in Australia booklet
- sign an Australian Values Statement that confirms you will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws
Best interests of the child
We will not grant this visa if it is not in the best interests of an applicant under 18.
Read And Associates offer Professional Guidance
Here at Read and Associates our team of migration agents can provide you with the appropriate guidance and advice which will help you put forth the best visa application possible. Specialising in applications for medical professionals, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss how we can work with you. Book a consultation to find out more.